The year 2021 is an exciting time for our club – we will move to our new shared clubrooms in March.
We’re on the lookout for a part-time events coordinator to organise and facilitate fun events for Wellington Deaf community during 2021:
- Monthly face-to-face Friday Deaf Club gatherings
- Monthly face-to-face special events
- Monthly online Deaf Clubs for Wellington / New Zealand Deaf community
Tasks include creating / facilitating activities, and coordinating volunteers / prizes and food. You will also be responsible for promotion of such events e.g. flyers, vlogs, social media, emails, contributing stories to WDS quarterly newsletter. On top of that, you will work with the WDS Board / events subcommittee and also work with the Treasurer to manage events-related expenditures.
What to expect:
- Flexible working arrangements based in Wellington
- Attendance at 3 monthly Deaf Club events during weekends
- Fixed term contract for 12 months / 40 hours a month
- Have own computer / internet access / car to carry out the work effectively
So what kind of skills / attributes are we looking for?
- Fluent in NZSL
- Is positive and friendly, and can connect with a wide range of people in the Deaf community
- Is creative and have great ideas for activities that suit the Deaf community
- Have good communication and marketing skills
- Have computer skills (Microsoft Office, Zoom, skills in design work an advantage)
- Have full driver’s license and can use personal vehicle for events-related activities
- Can work independently and is self-motivated, organised, confident, responsible and reliable
- A fun (& good) attitude is a must!
Email your expression of interest and CV through our contact us form by 5pm Friday 20th November.